Monday, April 2, 2012

A Stunning Four Minute Meditation

 This excerpt from  The Wings of Life ,  by Louie Schwartzberg is photography  at its best.  I found this short film to be inspiring and meditative.

  I am one of those crazy gardeners who loves to have the bees and butterflies buzzing around me.  I have a batbox in my yard and  all manner of plants to attract the birds and the butterflies.  This film showed me exactly what all those pollinators are up to when I'm not looking.  We are  dependent on them whether we realize it or not.  I think I'll spend time in my garden today planting  some more flowers to attract the butterflies and hummingbirds.

Here's a list of plants to attract butterflies and hummingbirds:  columbine, salvia, fennel, trumpet vine, butterfly bush, butterfly weed, viburnum, honeysuckle and bee balm.   There are many more.

                                       

Today's Take-Away - Hooray for the pollinators and for terrific filmmakers too!  Grow something to thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...