Friday, July 13, 2012

An Early Riser



Weeding at
 six forty-five 
 A.M. and already
 I am perspiring.
Little rivers tickle down my back and face, mixing with the citronella I
bathed in,  before venturing into mosquito territory.  There is a sparrow
singing
 in the cherry tree, serenading  early risers.  I sweat and remind
 myself that  all this bending will keep me young, allegedly. I spot
a dragonfly
on the bee balm
right next to my leg.
Breath skips out
of me.  Now 
 he flies,
 spins,
thin 
as a
whis
per,
land
ing
on a
shoe, 
 resting
from
what
ever it
is a
dra
gon
fly
d
o
e
s
!



Thought for today - A zen moment with a dragonfly inspired me to write a poem.  Have you had a zen moment recently?


5 comments:

  1. Visiting your blog is what I have come to call, "My Zen moment."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you are finding it relaxing. May you have a plethora of your own zen moments this weekend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BHN, You are getting too creative in such a short time! Love the dragonfly and your poem! Don't like the sweat much! Aren't we doing a lot of that these days? Stay cool and keep those zen moments coming! xxoo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LVL. You and I are blessed to have gardens in which to find those fleeting sights, scents, sounds and experiences. We have only to notice them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...