Sunday, May 11, 2014

May Day, May Day, May Day!

 May is FINALLY busting out all over the place! My garden is alive again , with green growth and the soft colors of spring flowers.  The delicate woodland flowers and buds that are unfurling everyday  are perfect for taking close-up photos.

As I experiment with more and different settings on my camera, I rarely use the auto anymore.  I am starting to use the macro setting and gradually I'm teaching myself to adjust the other settings as well. I think my images are getting sharper.

 The joy and beauty of digital photography is being able to shoot 60 photos, go home, load them into the computer and see them immediately.  Even if one deletes 59 photos and has one keeper, it is worth it.

Here are some shots I took over the weekend in my garden.  Not bad for an old dog learning new tricks!


Delicate Daphne

Ferns unfurl (I love these!)

Wild Geranium bud

"Hello Sunshine, this is Hosta."

Solomon's Seal

Japanese Painted Fern

Late blooming Daffodils

Forget-me-nots



There is nothing more beautiful than May in New York.  Oh wait, there's June, July, August, September and October too! (November and April aren't bad either)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...