Monday, June 8, 2015

And Then The World Exploded!

***Oh my!! This post was slated for mid-May but was never posted.  Here it is now!***

This year the newly sprouted green leaves struck me as if I had never seen them before!

 May announced the rebirth of the earth in my part of the world in an explosive way.  One day there is almost nothing and then there comes an explosion of green - a rapid fire succession of growth.

My garden survived the harsh winter with few casualties and I am blessed with an abundance of plants and birds.

 Soon enough we will have to begin the arduous task of trimming the shrubs that threaten to overtake the yard but right now we are just sitting back enjoying this embarrassment of riches.

 June, July and August will bring an explosion of flowers of every color in the rainbow.  But right now there is mostly just a myriad of greens - surely a sight for winter weary eyes!


Painted Fern




More fern at attention!




Lady's Mantle - adorned with morning dew


Dead Nettle - my favorite ground cover


Astilbe



Hosta nestled under the cherry tree

Wild Geranium

Columbine


Bugleweed

Epimedium



Cinnamon Fern in all its glory



Solomon's Seal



Witch Hazel


Wild Columbine


Live-Forever


A new variety of day-lily 


Columbine leaves

New growth on an Andromeda


Penstemon


Coreopsis


A shy wild Iris
During the renovation of our home the past several months, I felt very lucky that one of the rooms we could use was the sunroom which faces my garden.  It has enabled me to keep my sanity and most of my serenity in the midst of chaos.  

With any luck at all, I will have my home back in another month or so!   In the meantime, I will find refuge in the green wonderland behind the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...