Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fun with Photography 'Apps'

 Don't get me wrong, I love my camera and the photos it takes.




 But recently, I discovered that I can change the look of my  photos

using a myriad of 'apps' on phone , tablet or computer.



 I was, of course,  aware of photoshop and that it could do lots more but, at first,  I was too timid to experiment with it.





 What I didn't realize was that there are scores of 'art' apps and photo editing apps that will alter photos to look


like watercolors 



or oil paintings.




and literally hundreds of other styles too.




I have been creating haiga using my photos for several years but recently began to experiment with altered photo images, such as these.






It is very enjoyable for me to put the photo through several 'apps' to get different effects.



Once I find the most pleasing image,  I use another program to add the poem to the image.




 These photos were taken last fall during the leaf-peeping season and depending on the mood I want to create



















                  they can be very vibrant or muted.



I am not an artist but I do take some pretty good photos  and it has given me great pleasure to learn how to turn the pictures into 'works of art.'


Here is a completed haiga which was



published in the Winter 2014 edition of  Akitsu Quarterly


Take-Away - it is never too late to learn new tricks.

3 comments:

  1. This is very cool. Never knew this capability existed. I'm going to check it out. Can you recommend an app or program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...